Design of Wood Structures - ASD/LRFD 7th Edition
This fully updated, state-of-the-art guide to designing wood structures demonstrates all of the necessary steps and techniques, following the sequence of materials and elements in the order used in actual design.
Updated with the latest codes and standards, Design of Wood Structures, Seventh Edition introduces engineers, technologists, and architects to wood structure design. This practical resource leads you through the complete design of a wood structure—except for the foundation.
- Vertical design loads and lateral forces
- Design for vertical loads—beams and columns
- Design for lateral forces—horizontal diaphragms and shear walls
- Connection design—including the overall typing together of the vertical- and lateral-force-resisting systems
New to this Edition:
- Conforms to the 2012 International Building Code (IBC)
- Addresses new 2012 National Design Specifications for Wood Construction (NDS)
- Containes dual-format Allowable Stress Design/Load Resistance Factor Design (ASD/LRFD) specification and problems
- Includes ASCE/SEI 7-10 load provisions